[P1] Scanner Suggestions

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 3 08:08:26 PDT 2003

On Sunday, August 3, 2003, at 10:53 AM, James Patrick Draine wrote:

> Yeah, I like my LiDE 30 as well, BUT was quite miffed that I had to
> buy PhotoShop Elements if I wanted a scanner driver that operated in
> X. Yes, the OS 9/Classic driver works very nicely, but after holding
> my breath for the appropriate driver to come with one of the OS X
> updates, I spent $90 for OSE, which otherwise I had no need for.

Now you can buy a Canon 10D and an assorthment of lenses and use PSE to
create great photos for printing and your web site of such things as
lightning, fireworks and children (sometimes quite similar to the first
two items), bugs, flowers, birds, etc. And you can do this on your
iBook which you take with you into the field and download the photos
there to see if you got what you wanted and then you can connect your
phone, or Merlin card if you use a tiBook, and send an email to the
list of what you have done.

Regarding the drivers, I bought an HP 1000 scanner at CompUSA for $29,
on sale. It scans ok in X but with a few glitches. Using VPC and XP it
works flawlessly, the one time I tried it. The lack of drivers is like
a car company selling you a car with no spark plugs.

---
10,000 trees may soon die in South Florida...

<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>