[P1] Modem hangup (SIGHUP)

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Sun Aug 3 21:53:13 PDT 2003

On Friday, Aug 1, 2003, at 17:26 US/Central, Peter Nacken wrote:

> This is the latest error message I am getting when I am trying to get
> connected via my ISDN modem (and cannot connect).. And all that my
> ISP's
> tech support can tell me is that this is a Unix code, thus it must be a
> local problem ..

Well, SIGHUP is the signal that processes get when a session terminates.
Under what circumstances do you get it, and where does it show up (I
assume in the console window)?

You can take a look in /var/log/system.log and other files in that
directory to see if there is any more useful information.  The best
thing to do along that line is to do an ls -l of the directory into
a file before and after trying to connect so you can see which files
changed.  If you're lucky, there'll be something that seems helpful.

Sorry I can't say anything specific about ISDN--I've never been
desperate enough to think of using it (in the US it's usually
very expensive compared to competing technologies).

Good luck.  Of course, I assume you know you can type your message
and it will be sent when you connect, but I thought I'd mention it
in case your closing wasn't just a joke....

	Mike