OT: ecnames.com = frauds ?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue Aug 5 12:25:42 PDT 2003

From: <gdadams1 at cox.net>
>> From: Peter Nacken <caipirina at mac.com>
>> Date: 2003/08/05 Tue AM 11:24:54 EDT
>> To: "iBook List" <ibook at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>> Subject: [P1] OT: ecnames.com = frauds ?
>>
>> I keep getting email from this company ecnames.com and there web
>> hosting
>> offer sounds quite nice ... Ecnames.com/host

Why in heaven's name would you respond to SPAMMERS??

> ecnames.com:
>
> Laney, Nick (LSMSMYLNHD)
>    D-71565 Waibstadt-Daisbach
>    Mannheim, Mannheim 112
>    DE
>    Record expires on 29-Jun-2004.
>    Record created on 29-Jun-2003.
>    Database last updated on 5-Aug-2003 12:37:10 EDT.

This is geekspeak for "they're brand new, and they're in Denmark."

I do not think this company is worthy of your trust at this point, and
I certainly don't think that people who spam should be rewarded in any
way.

Looking for cheap, honest, reliable hosting? Here ya go: godaddy.com.

_Chas_

Microsoft CEO Bill Gates recently admitted that at least 30 million
Windows customers experience crashes at least three times a day. -- NY
Times, 25th July 2003