[P1] OT: Anonymous FTP?

George Slusher gslusher at rio.com
Wed Aug 6 12:32:32 PDT 2003

>I need to transfer a number of photo and .pdf files back and forth
>between a number of people on an ongoing basis. It seems that an
>anonymous FTP setup would be a good way to allow this.
>
>Any feedback on pitfalls, vendors, software, alternatives, etc?

and later:

>We use Interarchy and it works very well, but I'd like readers to be
>able to access the pdfs via IE or whatever browser they use.

Your ISP probably provides you with a certain amount of web space. Is
that enough? (You said that the files are large.) If you make at least
one directory public, then MSIE, Netscape, etc, can get them. No log in
should be needed, not even anonymous FTP. Check this:

http://users.rio.com/gslusher/images/

You should be able to see and download any of the files in that
directory. You should be able to set any directory's permissions, making
public only those you want to.

George Slusher/Eugene, OR
gslusher at rio.com