OT: Anonymous FTP?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Aug 6 18:50:35 PDT 2003

> From: Signhelpers <mike at signhelpers.com>
>
> I need to transfer a number of photo and .pdf files back and forth
> between a number of people on an ongoing basis. It seems that an
> anonymous FTP setup would be a good way to allow this.
>
> Any feedback on pitfalls, vendors, software, alternatives, etc?

This is EXACTLY what the .Mac "Public Folder"/iDisk is for. If 100MB
isn't enough, you can buy more space for a very reasonable amount.

_Chas_

"Though Apple continues to insist that its Power Mac systems are
desktops, their features and performance outstrip those of any
mainstream PC desktop. In comparison with dual-processor PC
workstations, Apple can claim both performance and price leadership."
-- Microprocessor Watch