[P1] OT: Anonymous FTP?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Wed Aug 6 22:23:43 PDT 2003

Uploads are an entirely different matter.  If you don't have
strict control over who can upload, you risk wasting a lot of
time dealing with unwanted stuff deposited by tricksters.
And if you need restricted access--and it's a BAD idea to
have users sending passwords clear text, so ftp is out--
that's some more work.  My own suggestion for simplicity,
FWIW, would be https and a secure login, and then allow
up- or download.  However, I don't really know enough about
https details to be more explicit.

{ And incidentally, it would be nice if everyone would
delete all the list end matter from the quoted material
when they reply, otherwise it just piles up.  :-) }

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Signhelpers wrote:

> This works well for sharing our files, but I seem to be missing how
> other people can submit their files to us.
 . . .