[P1] Airport Extreme vs. U.S Robotics et al

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Thu Aug 7 17:05:25 PDT 2003

> I'm ready to go with a wireless net for my home and am wondering if
> there's any real justification to the price differential between an
> Airport Extreme and a comparable unit from Linksys or U.S Robotics?

The Airport Extreme has several features that you may or may not care
about:

   - external antenna jack
   - V.something modem (dialup)
   - DHCP server & NAT firewall

I don't know if the USR hub has similar features or not.

Unfortunately, lightning hitting the phone lines seems to have taken
out the AE's modem. Back to the Apple Store I go....

--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."