[P1] iBook and PCMCIA Cards

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 8 06:00:12 PDT 2003

>>> I'm a student at a Windows-dominated campus, which has decided to put
>>> in an 802.11a wireless network.  (For those list readers who aren't
>>> familiar with 802.11a, it is a 54mbps wireless standard which
>>> operates
>>> on a different frequency from the more common 802.11b (AirPort) and
>>> 802.11g (AirPort Extreme) standards.)  I'm interested in accessing
>>> the
>>> network, but I'm being badly hampered by the iBook's (500Mhz, Dual
>>> USB) lack of a PCMCIA slot.

The g standard is compatible with a and b so an extreme card would most
likely handle the a, however, your 500 won't accept the extreme card.

---
I just happened to remember that I have a problem remembering things
and I am a procrastinator. So I decided to create an automated system
to remind and force me to follow up. I'll probably start on it tomorrow.

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net