sleep problems still

James Patrick Draine draine at comcast.net
Sat Aug 9 17:35:18 PDT 2003

Hi, last week I asked for advice regarding my "new" (actually a Apple
factory refurb from Smalldog) 900 MHz/CD-R/DVD iBook having "sleep
problems." It gets stuck in sleep mode after I've been away from the
machine for a few minutes (or longer). I've tried a few purported
"cures" none of which have fixed the problem: repaired permissions,
reset the PMU (although how are you sure that's really doing
anything??), and zapping the PRAM. I called AppleCare before trying the
PMU reset and zapping the PRAM. Any other suggestions before I call
AppleCare again? I like this little laptop but this is getting really
annoying!
Patrick Draine