[P1] ok, I'm in X

Michael Adams bulk at michaeladams.org
Mon Aug 11 14:44:14 PDT 2003

don hinkle wrote:

>Thanks, Zach, for the helpful replies.
>	About Netscape 7, I'm going to have to find out how it, in X, stores
>the addresses, bookmarks and mail. It probably stores them separately
>from 9. (It would be great if it would continue to store in the same
>location, but I bet not.) I can't find out anyplace that has answers
>about such things for Netscape, so despite fact that I like the program,
>may have to switch as you suggest to Safari and Camino or Mail.

Netscape 7 (IIRC) has an importer that can take your mail and address
book from older version of NS, Eudora, Outlook etc etc and convert then
to NS7 format. Just start up NS7 and open up the mail component. Then
click on Tools and choose Import...  You should be fine from there.

For bookmarks open up the bookmarks manager and choose Tools then
Import. Select your old bookmarks.html file from NS4 and it should bring
them all in.

Hope this helps,
--Michael.