Outlook Express in Classic freezes

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue Aug 12 03:37:57 PDT 2003

> From: Tobias <Parkblue at gmx.net>
>
> When I use OE 5.0.6 in Classic to access e-mail it freezes the iBook
> completely - nothing but a restart helps. This happens when I try to
> read
> any email over approx. 20k, POP or Imap. Partial download settings are
> 40k
> btw.
>
> I tried a reinstall, chucking prefs, deleting caches, anything that
> could
> smell fishy - no success. I run OE on my G3 DT with the exact same
> settings
> without any glitch and wonder the scoop is.

This is a sign that it's Time to Move On.

As far as MS is concerned, OE is a dead product. I suggest you think of
it the same way and switch to Entourage or Mail.

_Chas_

"Though Apple continues to insist that its Power Mac systems are
desktops, their features and performance outstrip those of any
mainstream PC desktop. In comparison with dual-processor PC
workstations, Apple can claim both performance and price leadership."
-- Microprocessor Watch