[P1] Starfield screensaver for mac ?

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Wed Aug 13 19:51:52 PDT 2003

on 8/14/03 1:27 PM, Larry Kollar at kollar at alltel.net wrote:

> don hinkle wrote:
>
>> Easy. Use your Mac (a la Jeff Goldblum in INDEPENDENCE DAY) to download
>> video from a passing alien space vessel.
>
> Anyone remember that commercial? "If you're going to save the world...
> you'd better have the right computer!"

Speaking of commercials, I just watched "Trading Places" again, I think its
an early 80ies movie ... And in one seen, on the back of a wallstreet
journal that someone is reading is a Mac ad! ... Saying something like "the
first problem they solved: what to buy as an xmas present" ...

Wonder if that was placed and / or if that was a real ad