[P1] Hot syncing a PC only Palm cradle?

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 14 20:09:10 PDT 2003

 With the Kyocera, are you saying you use a USB cradle
>> advertised as PC only, and you just plugged it into your Mac and it worked?
>> Or did it come with a serial cable and serial to USB adapter like my old
>> one?
>
> The Kyocera comes with a cradle that, oddly, has both serial (PC) and USB
> ends, kind of two tailed. As far as I know (which admittedly isn't very
> far), USB is USB. I checked out the manual for the phone and it doesn't say
> that you *can't* sync it to a Mac? Have you tried?

Tonight, I got my courage up, plugged the USB cable into the iBook, hit the
sync button...and nothing. They didn't see each other. Tried several times,
but no connection. You say your Kyocera has a cradle with both USB and
serial. Are you using the serial cable with a USB adapter?