[P1] OT: Used Mac Prices

Mike Urseth mike at signhelpers.com
Tue Aug 19 05:19:29 PDT 2003

>Apple is still selling G4s - they cost around $1200.
>
>But with the 64 bit G5 soon to be available for around $1700, all of
>the older family of hardware is suddenly worth significantly less.
>Unless you have some strong reason to run OS9 natively the new
>machines are a better bet..

I'm torn that way. On the one hand, the biggest expense about going
to a G5 is upgrading all my old software. On the other, the lure of
SPEED!

Budget is tight right now, but I need to get off the iBook for daily
work on Illustrator and Photoshop. It works amazingly well, but there
are limits.

Does anyone know if the dual processor aspect of this machine is
utilized  by OSX?
--
Mike Urseth
Signhelpers.com