[P1] OT: Used Mac Prices

Mike Urseth mike at signhelpers.com
Thu Aug 21 04:29:24 PDT 2003

>Once active, Classic performs seamlessly with OS X, and "sleeps" if
>not in use so I never have to restart it.
>
>Between that and not having to shut down my computer so often (maybe
>once or twice a month), OS X has made me remarkably more productive
>than I ever was in OS 9.

My experience with OSX (earlier versions than Jag) was not so good.
Locking up Classic apps and full system crashes were common
experiences. Printing and internet connection were tenuous at best. I
realize that things have improved, but "once burned, twice shy".

Part of my hesitancy comes from throwing yet another operating system
into MY CPU (brain). With 9.2, Windoze 2000 (wife's office network),
Win 95 - YUCK - wife's home box, and OSX floating around in my skull
it's getting to be a bit much.

It's time to move on. We all know it, but it's like leaving an
abusive spouse. You know you should leave, but the fear of the devil
you don't know is worse than the one you do.

Thanks for the input.

--
Mike Urseth
Signhelpers.com