[P1] Retrospect Express vs. Backup

don hinkle donhinkle at att.net
Thu Aug 21 10:13:27 PDT 2003

Sorry, I was flushed with victory and spoke hastily...
It was Carbon Copy Cloner. When I started it, it said it needed two
other utilities, which it then downloaded. Short little things, but
after I loaded each, CCC ran like a sweety-pie and I was able to do a
bootable firewire disk. About 10G in less than an hour.
  The first utility was BSDToolsforCCC, which let the system take some
commands it otherwise couldnot. The second was psyncx2, which had some
other arcane power...sorry, I don't fully understand them, I just use them.

-don

Raymond P Reedy wrote:

> Don Hinkle wrote:
>
>> Yep, count me in amongst those tens of thousands. I just backed up my HD
>> to a bootable firewire external HD in less than an hour, after
>> downloading the two additional utilities that make it work so much
>> better.
>> For the first time, I feel like I've made a *real* backup.
>

> Using what software and what two additional utilities??
>

> Ray
>
> No HTML/RTF in email
> STOP excessive quoting in email

> <ibook-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <ibook-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>  --  Canon Digital Camcorders start at $799       |  Free iBook!   |

>                |  iBook News, Features, Reviews & More.
>
>   RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20 Traveler
>  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>

Ñdonald henry hinkle

Author of OKLAHOMA, a brief story about a state, ISBN 0-7660-5138-2, and
RONALD REAGAN, a biography of the 40th President of the USA, ISBN
0-7660-5112-9, both published in 2003 by Enslow.