Using classic

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Aug 22 01:31:17 PDT 2003

> From: don hinkle <donhinkle at att.net>
>
> Gosh, I thought "cleaning crew" would wake up the Machine.
> Is there a way to automate the process...are there certain nights
> cleaning crew like to work? Sunday and Thurs? Mon and Fri? Or is it
> just
> when I think to turn off sleep?

Different, better suggestion:

Forget the "cleaning crew." Download Cocktail or Onyx, and once every
week or two run the "auto" function. Potential minor issue resolved.

_Chas_

"Apple is fighting three myths: one is that you pay a huge price
premium; the second is that there is no software; and the third is that
they are tremendously proprietary. The truth is, none of those things
are accurate -- Apple is price competitive relative to their
competitors; there is plenty of software for the tasks most individuals
need to do and beyond; and Apple supports far more open standards than
any other competing operating system. You combine that with a product
like the G5, and you have to believe that lots of people are going to
start taking a look at this -- if they can overcome their Apple
prejudice." -- Michael Gartenberg, Jupiter Research