battery time under X

don hinkle donhinkle at att.net
Fri Aug 22 08:57:53 PDT 2003

I remember some time ago, on this list there was some chat about battery
time under Jaguar but I paid little attention since I was still running
OS 9. Well, now I'm almost fulltime in Jag...and I just started my iBook
in a situation where it's running on battery, and the icon shows 2:53
time remaining. Under 3 hours, whereas before, in 9, I was getting close
to 4. Big difference, eh? I've just lowered the brightness level, but
can't imagine what else might help. Is this an issue for a new battery?
Could folks who have new models and/or new batteries share what times
they're showing? thanks,

--
donald henry hinkle

Author of OKLAHOMA, a brief story about a state, ISBN 0-7660-5138-2, and
RONALD REAGAN, a biography of the 40th President of the USA, ISBN
0-7660-5112-9, both published in 2003 by Enslow.