[P1] disconnect

Fred Stevens K2FRD K2FRD at stny.rr.com
Fri Aug 22 09:37:37 PDT 2003

At 12:24 -0400 22/08/03, don hinkle wrote:
>darn, using my phone modem I was uploading a 2MB file, taking its
>sweet time at 46K, and suddenly it disconnects because of "no
>response from the other side". Is there some time cutoff on this
>thing? I think it had run about 15-20 minutes before the disconnect.
>Is there some way to tell it "don't disconnect until an hour passes?"

I think that's an ISP function. I had the same problem for a long
time from my friendly local dialup ISP who kept telling me that it
was my problem. Except my problem kept getting worse as he enrolled
more hookups. When I switched to broadband last November, my problems
went away.
--
3333333 de Fred