[P1] palm won't connect

david davidwb at spymac.com
Fri Aug 22 18:13:57 PDT 2003

On 8/21/03 9:40 PM, "Brian Olesky" <brian4 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Palm's relationship with Mac is still a bit spotty. My wife and I have been
> using Palm III's (2 different models) for years, and we both need special
> serial cradles with serial to USB adapters.

Saying that Palm's relationship with Mac is still spotty and mentioning the
Palm III is mixing oranges and grapes. True, Palm forced Mac owners to buy a
serial converter but that hasn't been true for 2 years now. The last serial
device was the m100 and it was first released more than 2 years ago.

> For the past few days, I've been
> reading subsequent posts to this list and lots of people with new palms
> report their USB cradles work fine with their Macs. But my brand new Samsung
> cell phone, with built in Palm, has only been on the market for about 2
> weeks  now, and I had to order a special serial cable from Samsung to be
> able to sync the phone's Palm with my iBook.

Your issue isn't with Palm - it is with Samsung. Palm licenses the OS and it
is up to the licensee to build the hardware.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by frost.

davidwb at spymac.com