[P1] How does this happen?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 24 12:40:05 PDT 2003

On Saturday, August 23, 2003, at 10:47  PM, Pat D. Stephens wrote:

> I have my old external drive in an enclosure on 9.1 and have moved the
> new drive in my TiBook to X, and when I try to find a program I use a
> lot on the external, it isn't there.  I ran Find and it found the
> alias Icon and the prefs (where I know my files are), but not a sign
> of the program.  I haven't moved the program to my iBook yet.  I
> thought I would, but I can't find it to move.

When you do a find in X, did you select the popup that shows all
drives? You may just be finding the alias in the recent items folder
and not the original on the drive that you did not designate to be
searched.

---
A great site for editorial cartoons: <http://cagle.slate.msn.com/>

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>