upgrade single usb clamshell?

Daniel Lishner danlishner at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 04:28:17 PDT 2003

I'm not sure if this is how one starts a new topic,
but I couldn't figure any other way, so, forgive any
improprieties.
That said, is it worth the time and effort upgrading
ram, processor speed, etc. on an old ibook se with
only one usb port? I really want to make my computer
into a home entertainment/information center with
surround sound, dvd, cd etc. and I know I can't do
that with my laptop. So is there any other reason why
I should upgrade this old baby?
thanks

--- iBook List <ibook at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/iBookListFAQ.shtml>

<70597C61-D9A0-11D7-9965-000393B9807C at cox-internet.com>

> [...]
> >> which I got in April. Just got a message that it
> will be
> >> expiring...what can i do and how much will it
> cost? Internet explorer
> >> is still here on os9, but i love safari.  Is it
> somewhere on osx?
> >> Whaaaa! Any suggestions?

> <ibook-off at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> >> To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
> >> <ibook-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> >> Need help from a real person? Try.
> >> <ibook-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> >> ----------
> >> Small Dog Electronics    http://www.smalldog.com
>  | Enter To Win A |
> >>  --  Canon Digital Camcorders start at $799
> |  Free iBook!   |
> >>
> >> iBookPlanet.com |  Visit iBookPlanet.com for the
> hottest
> >>                |  iBook News, Features, Reviews &
> More.
> >>
> >>   RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple
> retail stores, $20
> >> Traveler  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for
> iBooks at
> >> <http://roadtools.com>
> >>
> >> MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99!
> PowerBook 3400/200 Only
> >> $879! Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock
> PARTS!
> >> <http://www.macresq.com>

> <ibook-off at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> > To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
> > <ibook-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> > Need help from a real person? Try.
> <ibook-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> > ----------
> > Small Dog Electronics    http://www.smalldog.com
> | Enter To Win A |
> > --  Canon Digital Camcorders start at $799       |
>  Free iBook!   |
> >
> > iBookPlanet.com |  Visit iBookPlanet.com for the
> hottest
> >               |  iBook News, Features, Reviews &
> More.
> >
> >  RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail
> stores, $20 Traveler
> > CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at
> <http://roadtools.com>
> >
> > MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99!
> PowerBook 3400/200 Only $879!
> > Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS!
> <http://www.macresq.com>

> To switch to the FEED mode, E-mail to
> <ibook-feed at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <ibook-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> Small Dog Electronics    http://www.smalldog.com   |
> Enter To Win A |
>   --  Canon Digital Camcorders start at $799       |
>  Free iBook!   |
>
> iBookPlanet.com |  Visit iBookPlanet.com for the
> hottest
>                 |  iBook News, Features, Reviews &
> More.
>
>   RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail
> stores, $20 Traveler
>   CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at
> <http://roadtools.com>
>
> MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook
=== message truncated ===