[P1] Power ON or OFF

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 31 17:23:39 PDT 2003

On 8/31/03 7:03 PM, "Pat D. Stephens" <patdart at cox-internet.com> wrote:

> As I sent that question off, I realized the answer, but thanks for the
> info.  Now, does the program run on a specific day of the week?  If so,
> I can just make it a habit to leave it open that one night every week.
> Haven't I seen something about it running on Wednesday?
>
> Pat
> On Sunday, August 31, 2003, at 06:40 PM, Barry Lyden wrote:
>
>> BTW - the cron jobs that run at night (daily, weekly, monthly) can be
>> edited to run at a time when your iBook isn't likely to be sleeping if
>> it's more convenient for you.

It's been covered extensively on the list (and in Mac pubs) before, but
there are two (free) programs that will enable you to do the same job any
time you like with the push of a button:  Cocktail and MacJanitor. I believe
the conventional wisdom is to pick one and just run it about every two
weeks. I personally use Cocktail. So the computer and I both sleep better at
night.