Mail Vs. Entourage

Ian Sidle ian at iansidle.com
Tue Dec 2 11:24:16 PST 2003

> This isn't my experience at all...I just hold the trackpad on the copy
> until I've highlighted all the text I want and it does scroll.
>
> Maybe mileage varies?  I just used it on this message.

One trick that I have learned over the years, is holding down shift.
Its easiest to figure it out using textedit/word/etc, but also works in
other programs (just less user feedback - no cursor).

Move the "blinking" Ibar/whatever text selector to the top of where you
want to select and click. Then, scroll down to the end of the part you
want to select, hold down shift and then click and the end of the
selection. It will then highlight everything between those two points.
It sounds kinda complicated, but not really.. I've use it quite an bit
in mail.app, even though there is no blinking I bar feedback on an
"read only" message and can-not be edited.

thanks,
Ian