[P1] lost files ...

patdart patdart at cox-internet.com
Sun Dec 7 18:16:27 PST 2003

On Sunday, December 7, 2003, at 08:04 PM, Jack Rodgers wrote:

> They could even be in the trash...
Well, if they are, they're long gone since my backup of Sept 22 has the
same icon problem my HD does.

> Do you have the original tape, a mini DVD tape or whatever. You can
> re-download the clips and start over. If the images where shot by a
> friend, maybe they still have the tape or downloaded clips.
No, sadly, I reformatted it after downloading, playing and storing the
files on my HD.

> I may be wrong but your messages indicates you may be new to the Mac.
> Do you have a friend who could, after being told your problem,
> investigate your drives and see if the friend can locate the files?
No, I'm not new, just really dumb.  I've had a Mac since 1992.  Just
have never had a problem like this...and can't figure out how it
happened...and I do the support for the two Macs I know of in my small
area...can you imagine that?

Thanks, Jack for the suggestions.

Pat