[P1] My Xmas stupid question

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Mon Dec 8 13:08:48 PST 2003

On 12/8/03 22:07, "John Paul Moore" <johnpaulmoore at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Thanks very much for the very fast responses. No, her clamshell has no
> firewire and taking the ibook away from her long enough to send it out
> for an internal hd replacement is out of the question, I'm afraid. But
> if usb2 will work, only slower, does that mean it would be too slow to
> access, say, mp3 tunes to be stored on the usb drive and be able to
> play them through the itunes on her clambook? Sorry, I told you this
> was a stupid question, should have mentioned I'm not all that smart
> myself. Thanks again, Daddy Santa

I don't think it would be too slow, but maybe someone else with a USB drive
can reply. Part of the answer depends on the bit rate (compression) used for
the MP3 files. If it's low, there's a better chance that it will be
sufficient.

Kirk

      My forthcoming book: Unix for Mac OS X: Learning the Command Line
                     http://www.mcelhearn.com/unix.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .