[P1] My Xmas stupid question

Alric J. Lam Alric.J.Lam at Dartmouth.EDU
Mon Dec 8 17:29:36 PST 2003

I'm guessing, but he probably means the portability issue (ie an external hard drive is bulky usually, and needs an outlet, etc)

Personally, I would suggest getting one of the small form bus powered hard drives if you want to go with USB.  This way at least it would be portable, if need be, and need for a fast hard drive is moot, since you're dealing with USB 1 speeds.  I have a 2.5 inch usb hard drive enclosure right now, that I purchasds for about 15 dollars, and if I ever get around to it, I will buy a 2.5 inch (laptop) hard drive to stick into it, making it an very portable external drive.  I also own two 3.5 inch enclosures, but they never move around, mainly because of how much of a pain it is.

Alric

--- "iBook List" wrote:
Why not? I have a 120 gig external with my 600 mghz iBook and it works
great. And when I trade in the iBook, everything will still be sitting there
on the external drive, ready for my new one. Plus a bigger internal drive
doesn't give you the backup option an external drive does.

Brian
--- end of quote ---