[P1] My Xmas stupid question

John Paul Moore johnpaulmoore at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 8 19:14:23 PST 2003

First of all, I want to thank each and every one of you for responding
quite helpfully to my question. My daughter's clamshell is the center
of her world, without backup, and in danger of overloading her internal
hd, though she has taken seriously my warnings to leave room unoccupied
on the drive. She is loathe to let it and all its contents out of her
possession and I am too many thumbed to tackle changing the hd.
Portability isn't really a factor for her; backup is. I have some bids
up on a couple of usb hds now and will probably buy one before the
night's out. She will be able to back up to it and still have plenty of
room for Something Corporate and Dashboard Confessional mp3's and
pictures from her new digital camera. Maybe not the speediest or most
elegant solution, but one that, thanks to the advice you have given me,
I feel confident in pursuing. And next time I stop by OfficeMax, I have
some news for the Kid Who Knows Everything. Happy Holidaze.