[P1] My Xmas stupid question

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Mon Dec 8 23:42:58 PST 2003

On 12/9/03 3:02, "david" <davidwb at spymac.com> wrote:

>>> Not only
>>> that but having an external drive with a portable computer just isn't a good
>>> idea.
>>
>> Why not? I have a 120 gig external with my 600 mghz iBook and it works
>> great. And when I trade in the iBook, everything will still be sitting there
>> on the external drive, ready for my new one. Plus a bigger internal drive
>> doesn't give you the backup option an external drive does.
>>
> The whole idea of a notebook is portability. Size, weight, and battery life
> are all measures of a quality notebook experience. If you need space for
> your stuff an external drive doesn't cut it.

A lot of people use portables and don't need portability. That's my case,
and the original poster said this as well.

Kirk

        Co-author of: Mastering Mac OS X: Panther Edition (Fall 2003)
                   http://www.mcelhearn.com/panther.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .