[P1] iPhoto question

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Wed Dec 10 07:26:01 PST 2003

> Below is pasted a question from a student of mine. I told her I didn't
> know the answer but I would sniff around to see if I could find it for
> her. Sniff:
>
>> I just discovered that iPhoto does not recognize my iPhoto Library
>> anymore. When I start up iPhoto there are no pictures and Contents
>> says "0 photos." I was having trouble about a week ago with iPhoto.
>> It wanted to keep thinking when it started up and not allow me to do
>> anything. I would eventually have to force quit and then attempt to
>> open it again and usually it would work after the second try. Any
>> ideas?

It sounds like the program has created a new (empty) iPhoto Library.
Try holding down the Command and Option keys while dropping the older
iPhoto Library folder on the Application, which should force iPhoto to
try to open it.

If the for some reason the iPhoto Library has become corrupt, there
should still be a way to import the contents into a new library.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net