[P1] OT: Any chance Apple will soon upgrade the 20" iMac? (and other questions)

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Sun Dec 14 20:26:49 PST 2003

on 12/14/03 11:23 AM, Jay Boshara at jboshara at mchsi.com wrote:

> Sorry for this off topic post, but you all are my best bet for hearing some
> intelligence on this.
>
> I know Apple just recently upgraded the iMac, but what are the chances they
> will announce another upgrade to the 20" iMac (or a drop in its price)
> during the Macworld Expo January 5-9?  I finally got together enough jingo
> to buy an iMac and just use my iBook for the road, but I'm wondering if I
> should wait a month.

Not that I think THIS will happen .. But anyone else recall that at some
point at a macworld they actually RAISED the price of the 15" imac by 100$
???  This is always an option too :)

> Should I buy more RAM from Apple when I order the iMac, or is it cheaper to
> buy it elsewhere?  If it's cheaper to buy RAM elsewhere, how much cheaper,

Usuallsy cheaper elsewhere .. But : ... I bought extra ram for my TiBook ..
And it did not work ... I could send it back and got my money back (minus
shipping) ... And I had only 3 weeks being in the US to deal with that ...

On the other hand, if it had worked, it would have been 180$ vs 400$ plus
tax from apple ... So .. Can be quite cheaper ...

Last apple salesman told me that I can probably find the apple certified
Microtech (not sure if that was the name) cheaper online ...

If ram is defined at user instalable (which I think it is in pretty much all
models) you are not voiding your warranty one should think ...

Cheers

Rumor has it a special edition imac will come out around easter .. Base in
the shape of an egg .. Pastel colors are optional :)