backing up

Pam Sorooshian pamsoroosh at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 17 21:25:38 PST 2003

On Dec 17, 2003, at 10:49 AM, Brian Pearce wrote:

>> By the way, how and how often to you "backup" your data? This is just
>> your files, right?

I use "Backup" and backup to iDisk every single day. I bought my iBook
on December 19, 2003 from the Apple Store in Costa Mesa, California.
The first one crashed 4 times and was replaced by mail by Apple by the
3rd month after purchase. The second one crashed 3 times in the next
few months and was replaced by the Apple store out of their inventory.
Brand new for sure. I had that one less than an hour before the logic
board went out. I hadn't even gone home yet. I took it back to the
store immediately and they replaced it with my FOURTH brand new iBook
in less than 10 months. The fourth one -- you guessed it - I just got
back from the repair depot a few days ago. Again, a failed logic board.

I've had to pay for data transfer 3 times because the crashes happened
right after I'd downloaded photos that I couldn't bear to lose and had
not yet backed up. That's $150 I paid to be able to keep my pictures.

Backup backup backup -- you can't do it too often.

-pam