[P1] ibook & DVD+R

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Wed Dec 24 19:28:48 PST 2003

> Interestingly enough, it won't mount even when using a drive that
> supports
> it. Is this a limitation in OS X (I'm at 10.2.8).

It is a limitation of the format and the movie industry. The movie
industry is attempting to prevent dvd movie copying. The drive mfgs are
fighting for which format will become the gold standard and make them
rich. The consumer is caught between the various wars. Stay tuned for
the next chapter in "Dueling Giants" 8? ) . In the meantime, you just
have to read the alphabet soup carefully and remember what formats you
can successfully use. Occasionally, retry the disc especially after
each successful software update. I seem to remember hearing there was
an effort being made to software enable reading all the various formats
but I forget where and when I read it.

Happy Holidays to all

There are people who have money and people who are rich.
--Coco Chanel