[P1] Airport problems

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Thu Dec 25 18:26:11 PST 2003

On Thursday, December 25, 2003, at 09:10 PM, ShardAerithes at aol.com
wrote:

> I got a Dlink DI 514 wireless router for christmas. It's 802.11b. I
> hooked up my regular computers to it through the ethernet ports, and
> it all works fine. I get my ibook to connect to the router through
> airport, but it will only load an ip address that begins with 192.
> Don't you need a 10. something address to connect wirelessly? Is this
> router not compatible with airport? Thanks for the help

No. Addresses like 192.168.x.y are similar to the 10.x.y.z block --
reserved for local use. If the router has DHCP, let it give your iBook
an address & it should be able to get onto the Net.

--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."