[P1] anti-spam

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Mon Dec 29 17:43:55 PST 2003

On Dec 29, 2003, at 3:13 PM, Jack Rodgers wrote:

> If spam were declared illegal if it contained fictitious email
> addresses, etc. then it would seem quite simple to use any of the
> above info to arrest and prosecute the person who is paying for it to
> be sent. That person cannot hide easily nor can a website.

Sounds like an easy way for me to get anyone I want in trouble,
so long as they have a commercial address or web site or something.
I just spam a bunch of people and direct them to that site and
blammo.

I think you may find that this bothersome concept of "guilty
beyond a reasonable doubt" will come into play, preventing your
scheme from working.  Too bad, because I'd be happy to see all
the spammers making small rocks out of big ones.

	Mike Beede