[P1] Mirroring while keeping the screen closed

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Wed Dec 31 22:57:47 PST 2003

> I don't think it's a "hack" really, it seems more like an option that
> was turned off to give more incentive to buy a "pro" model. Just like
> with the eMac and iMac which offer mirroring, but not extended
> desktops. This utility works with those as well.

I doubt that marketing was the only reason the feature wasn't fully
implemented in the iBooks. Doing this implies that the machine can be
safely operated while the closed -- there are substantial differences
in the inner workings that make doing so safe and supported in the
Powerbook, but harmful and not supported in the iBook. (It's like
overclocking, something else that can give you an additional feature in
the short term but could cause harm in the long term.)

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net