[P1] Dumb Question...chapter 2

Pat D. Stephens patdart at cox-internet.com
Sun Feb 2 13:00:37 PST 2003

I just read in Mac OSX KillerTips that I can set the CD player in
iTunes to not download songs, but just play the CD, but it tells me hit
Command->Y and when I do, a thumping sound is heard, but the
preferences don't come up...the Command key IS the one with the Apple
symbol minus a bite, isn't it?  It doesn't work that way on my machine
(white 700 iBook).  When I go to them under the System Preferences, I
don't get the choices he says I will...what's the catch here?  It is
the Mac OSX Jaguar version book too...10.2.  Any thoughts about why
this is?  If I could just tell iTunes not to download, it would work
nicely for me as a Audio CD player without adding another program

Pat