[P1] anyone know any good call by call dialup ISPs in California?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 2 15:45:53 PST 2003

On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 10:17  AM, Richard McKay wrote:

> One point that I personally found interesting is the direction that
> this
> thread has taken so far...certainly there are issues in just searching
> for
> and using wifi hot spots without knowing who owns them or if they are
> meant
> to be available to the public, but until now I haven't seen anyone
> post that
> there are indeed free and legal hot spots available in many locations
> around
> the world...and are usually subsidized by a sponsor or government
> agency.

It was mentioned and I did exclude such free offerings from my posts.

However, one might wonder about government sponsored free wifi (and
just where are the Libertarians on this issue? Do you really want a
government having free access to your surfing habits, email and
possibly your entire computer?

I doubt the citizens of China are too comfortable with the government
looking over their shoulder, nor the Koreans, Iraqis and Californians.

---
Lobate Black Scale -- A Photo Essay By Jack Rodgers
http://www.jackrodgers.com