[P1] OT: security issues with wifi (was: anyone know any good call by call dialup ISPs in California?)

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 2 18:23:37 PST 2003

On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 07:34  PM, Richard McKay wrote:

> Sorry to tell you this Jack, but even with PGP keys,

Hey, I'm the guy saying that using open wifi hotspots is not safe
regardless of the self-serving moralizing people are putting forward...

> Besides the wifi is only slightly different than the standard cable
> you are
> using...the transmission is by different means but the information is
> still
> being sent from A to B...and therefore potentially available for
> access...

Exactly what I said about wifi...

> Richard (just checking the last padlock on the door paranoid) McKay

I ain't paranoid I just don't do stuff that might get me in trouble. I
used to do so...  :)

---
Lobate Black Scale -- A Photo Essay By Jack Rodgers
http://www.jackrodgers.com