[P1] Logging in as root

Meg St. Clair megsaint at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 2 20:08:18 PST 2003

On 2/2/03 9:47 PM, "Jack Rodgers" <jackrodgers at earthlink.net> wrote (edited
for length):

> On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 09:33  PM, Meg St. Clair wrote:
>
>> Does ResEdit count?
>
> For modifying menus or doing serious stuff?

Gosh, it's been so long... I just remember the same kind of warnings came
with ResEdit as are now coming along with logging on as root. I vaguely
remember changing keyboard layouts, editing cursors and some general poking
around. A little bit more serious than I thought logging on as root was
because I had almost no clue. I don't recall ever hosing the finder, though.
I think I generally heeded the warning to work on a copy....

Meg