[P1] website creation programs

Michael Flournoy meflournoy at attbi.com
Mon Feb 3 17:01:01 PST 2003

  Although cheaper than GoLive, Freeway is not inexpensive. ($230 is too
steep for me.) They do have a competitive upgrade from Pagemill which I
could do but they don't tell you the price until you fill out the
forms. Grrr.
I find it really strange that this market is not properly served.
Thank goodness for Composer or I would have given up.
   BTW, when I searched around the internet and asked people for a
website program I never heard Composer mentioned. I already had the
program I needed in Mozilla and didn't even know it. Sometimes I think
the OpenSource guys should try packaging and selling their products.
They do it with Linux Distros, why not programs also? Buy a copy of
Mozilla/Composer for $50 and get a how-to book and 60 days e-mail help.
I would have done it. Frontpage is popular not because it's so good but
because it's in the store and marketed at an accessible price.
            Mike