File Sharing stopped working

Harry D. Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Mon Feb 3 18:39:23 PST 2003

I'm using an iBook SE 366 (pre-Firewire) on OS 9.0.4 and an iMac 350
slot-loading (also pre-Firewire). I have an Airport card in the iBook and
use an SMC Barricade as a router/switch. Internet connections work fine,
but all of a sudden (last night) File Sharing on both Macs can't
recognize the other Mac.

I've restarted both Macs, turned File Sharing off and then on, and power
cycled the Barricade. All settings seem to be normal on both Macs.

I also tried plugging in my Ethernet cable and changing my TCP/IP
settings to Ethernet Built-in. Still no file sharing or ability to print
from my iBook.

This has never happened to me before. Any suggestions for fixing this?

Thanks,

Harry Corsover

Get and send email on any phone just by talking! 30 day FREE Trial.
<http://www.hc.MessageWize.com>