[P1] File Sharing stopped working

Harry D. Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Tue Feb 4 11:47:53 PST 2003

----- On 2/3/03 7:39 PM MDT (-0600), Harry D.  Corsover
<harry at corsazzi.com> wrote, in part:

>I'm using an iBook SE 366 (pre-Firewire) on OS 9.0.4 and an iMac 350
>slot-loading (also pre-Firewire). I have an Airport card in the iBook and
>use an SMC Barricade as a router/switch. Internet connections work fine,
>but all of a sudden (last night) File Sharing on both Macs can't
>recognize the other Mac.
>
>I've restarted both Macs, turned File Sharing off and then on, and power
>cycled the Barricade. All settings seem to be normal on both Macs.
>
>I also tried plugging in my Ethernet cable and changing my TCP/IP
>settings to Ethernet Built-in. Still no file sharing or ability to print
>from my iBook.
>
>This has never happened to me before. Any suggestions for fixing this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Harry Corsover

Follow-up: After I switched to Ethernet, file sharing and printing
worked. I switched back to Airport, and it's been several minutes, and
File Sharing took a very long time to finish "starting up." I don't know
how or why, but file sharing is once again working. I am also able to
print.

Harry

    Harry Corsover, Independent Business Owner
Amazing Travel * Health * Legal & Tax Benefits
    Get & Send Email by Voice! * Much More!
          <http://www.hc.cyberwize.com>
      <harry at corsazzi.com> * 877-507-9562