[P1] Highlighting words in a web browser?

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Wed Feb 5 07:49:19 PST 2003

On Wednesday, Feb 5, 2003, at 06:10 US/Central, Small Moose Ltd wrote:

> With the text I enter into the search field, is there a way those
> words can
> show up highlighted, or in a different colour in the pages the search
> engine
> retrieves for me?
>
> For example, say the engine brings back a document that's about 25
> pages
> long. I don't have the time to read through those pages, I want those
> choice
> words to appear highlighted amongst the text, so that when I quickly
> scroll
> down, they jump out very obviously.

I think if you look at the cached version from Google they'll highlight
all your search words.  Also, if you use quotes around your phrase,
only exact matches will be accepted.  I suppose you already know that,
but I thought you might not given you were looking for phrases and
getting
immense results.

I find setting my preferences to give 100 matches per page helps, too,
since you don't spend so much time clicking on the "ooooo".

Regards,

	Mike