[P1] 10.2.3 SUCKS! How do i back up preferences?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 7 04:29:15 PST 2003

On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 12:25  AM, Guy McMickle wrote:

> Okay, I've had enough of 10.2.3.  Charles Martin directed me to a
> webpage and temporary solution for a kernel panic that affects my
> iBook, but I forgot to "redo" it after a reboot and it panicked again.

Sometimes the only solution (other than a hardware repair or a
defective RAM replacement) is to wipe and reinstall. And to use the
Jaguar disks for a fresh install and not an update of earlier systems.
This eliminated the problems I had.

The fresh install also gets rid of all of the software you've
downloaded and tested which is often the healing solution.

Pre-X OSes were relatively easy to trouble shoot and fix. OS X installs
100,000+ files.

---
In an article about DoubleClick, Wired posts a DoubleClick cookie:
<http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,54769,00.html>

http://www.jackrodgers.com