MAJOR crash - help with fixing iCal and iChat

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Feb 7 16:40:32 PST 2003

> From: Pam Sorooshian <pamsoroosh at earthlink.net>
> The WORST result is that iChat doesn't work. I can see my buddy list,
> it appears to be working - shows who is available, etc. People can IM
> me and I can receive their IMs. But I cannot type into the send box and
> so cannot send IMs to anybody. I thought maybe this would be magically
> corrected if I redid the OS X update to 10.2.3 - so I did that - but it
> didn't work.
>
> Ideas to get my calendar info into iCal or to get iChat working?

This sure sounds like a permissions problem or a .plist (preference)
file problem.

Try deleting com.apple.iCal.plist and com.apple.iChat.plist from the
Home/Library/Preferences folder.

If that doesn't solve the problem, try running Disk Utility and "Repair
Permissions." (I can't imagine that they wouldn't have done this at the
Apple Store, but hey it doesn't hurt to try).

If that doesn't fix it, let us know.

_Chas_
"We don't want to be like Windows. We want to do everything better. We
are intent on creating the greatest computers and the best computing
experience in the world. And we are the only ones who can say that with
a straight face." -- Greg Joswiak, Apple VP of hardware product
marketing