[P1] unable to read posts

William L Carr Jkirk3279 at beanstalk.net
Fri Feb 7 22:32:57 PST 2003

On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 08:18  PM, Momimu at aol.com wrote:

> I am new to Mac and ibook, but really enjoying it. I receive the ibook
> list
> in digest form, but sometimes it shows up in smaller and smaller font
> as I
> scroll through the messages. Is this a function of my browser, ibook,
> or
> something to do with how the digest is formatted?

Well, finally someone else with the same problem !   I had to abandon
AOL because of this.   There's a valued member of this list, that is
using an email client that is somehow sending HTML tags or
something....   He doesn't know and I don't know how it's doing it, but
every time he posts the font size in AOL will get smaller.  And
smaller.   And finally, the Digest is unreadable unless I copy it out
and paste it into a test editor that doesn't use HTML.   Then I can
reset the font size from 3 to 12 and finish reading it.

I switched to my ISP's account and dropped AOL.   No more trouble.

I once thought about starting a club to discuss the philosophy of
Fatalism.
But then I realized that even if anyone came, they'd only come to steal
the folding chairs.