[P1] New Jag & Printer driver

lbdesigns at earthlink.net lbdesigns at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 15 21:32:47 PST 2003

On Saturday, February 15, 2003, at 09:19  PM, Ally Maddox wrote:

> It used to be that Macintosh was the best computer. All you had to do
> was hit a few keys and everything was installed. Now they are worse
> than any PC I've ever met. Three and a half hours to download it, and
> over five to be told it couldn't be done. And now that I have Jag, it
> also has the gall to ask if I'm sure I want to shut down. Macs never
> did that before. PC's always ask you to verify if you want to shut
> down, but until this install, I had never heard of such a thing on a
> Mac. What an insult. You hit the shut down or restart button and it
> asks you if you really mean it, or are you so stupid that you hit the
> button by accident.

Yes, they did; that is not new in Jaguar at all. That happened in Mac
OS 9 -- and before.

> I'm really sorry I got this Mac. May the universe forgive me. BTW, the
> install was supposed to be for 10.2.4. That was probably the screw up.
> I downloaded 10.2.3 and it thought I had downloaded 10.2.4.

I'm confused. How could it think that you downloaded 10.2.4 if you
downloaded 10.2.3? How did you download it -- using Software Update, or
a browser?

> I'm going bald waiting for some release from the frustration. And none
> of these downloads or installs EVER tell you beforehand, how long you
> can expect them to take.
>
> Can anyone out there save my sanity?

It is a bummer when bad things happen, but you shouldn't let yourself
get so upset ...