3d-party wireless network

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Feb 22 13:47:09 PST 2003

> From: Jeff Newman <newman5608 at earthlink.net>
>
> Looks like my PC-only office is _finally_ getting DSL and wireless. I
> want to get a jump on how to get my original icebook connected with
> an Airport card. I can't seem to find much help, probably because I
> don't even know what to ask for. Can anyone point me to some good but
> very basic sources?

The reason you can't find much in the way of resources is because there
is basically nothing to do. If the Airport card is turned on and there
is an 802.11b network in the area, it will "lock on" and you will just
be on. Yes, it's that simple.

I suppose it's possible that they might password-protect the network to
keep you from getting on, but I really doubt they will do this -- if
they knew anything about security your office would not be PC-only!!

_Chas_

"Here is the thing you will learn from really using an OS X Macintosh,
and must somehow accept on faith if that's what it takes to get you to
Switch: Apple makes design decisions based on a sincere desire to make
your life better." -- Glenn McDonald

_Chas_

"To use the Mac is to be confronted, over and over, with the idea that
the most mundane task can be done artfully and compassionately,
beautifully and invitingly. " -- Glenn McDonald