New here!

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun Feb 23 01:01:55 PST 2003

> From: joe w runnels <kuleinc at juno.com>
>
> Hi all,
> New here,

Welcome!

> do you know of any good places to buy one online or in the Bay area
> of CA?

Keep an eye on dealmac.com and dealsontheweb.com for good iBook
specials. I noticed a 700MHz combo drive going for $999 the other day.

>   Are there certain models I should watch out for?

No, they're all great.

>   Is it ok to run
> OSX.2.4 on these as I have that OS to put on it?

Sure!

> I noticed they are much cheape rnow with the new powerbooks,
> I plan to run photoshop and OS and Office X on this laptop, would a 700
> Mhz be speedy enough?

Yes, but if you can stretch to get that 12" G4 Powerbook you'll be
happier still. A G4 is always a better chip to have for Photoshop.

>   I have a 400 Mhz blue G3 desktop, I run OSx on it
> an dplay with it, but I still use a PC fo rmy main machine, was hoping
> be bale to make and manage my online comic on my webpage on this laptop
> (www.kuleinc.com)

That should be no problem, but I went to your web page and could not
find any comics (other than links to other people's comics) ... did I
miss something?

> I know from my experience with my Thinkpad laptop that laptops
> tend to sacrifice performance, meaning if you had the same setup in a
> desktop machine you'd generally get better performance out of the
> desktop
> than the laptop.

Heh heh, you're in for a surprise with Apple, dude. Our laptops don't
suck.

_Chas_

Lee Gomes of the Wall Street Journal, 24-Jan-03 , commenting on Apple's
growing arsenal of hardware, OS and software that is clearly superior
to anything in the Windows world: "It's like someone forgot to send
them the Resistance is Futile memo."